Martina Navratilova's Energy Balls
The tennis legend tells Sunset that she grabs these snacks before and during workouts and matches. Try them before or after your workout.
PREP: 15 minutes
YIELD: About 15 balls
• 1/3 cup honey
• 1/4 cup plain (not unsweetened) soy milk
• Unsweetened flaked or shredded dried coconut
• 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
• 1 TBSP sesame seeds
• 1/4 cup nuts, chopped
• 4 dried figs, chopped (soak in water if necessary to make them pliable)
1. In a medium saucepan, bring honey and soy milk to a boil over high heat; boil for 1 minute. Set aside. Put coconut on a plate or in a shallow bowl and set aside.
2. In a food processor, pulse oats, sesame seeds, nuts and figs until finely ground. Add to honey mixture in saucepan and stir together. Wet your hands with water and roll 1-TBSP portions of mixture into balls; then roll in coconut.
PER SERVING: (1 BALL)
83 calories/ 4g fat (2g sat)/ 2g fiber/ 2g protein/ 12g. carbs
Courtsey of Health Magazine