• 1 lb. broccoli
• 1/2 lb. carrots
• 1 small red onion
• 5 1/4 small mushrooms
• 1 TBSP lemon juice
• 1 1/2 oz. sunflower seeds
FOR THE DRESSING
• 2 hard boiled egg yolks
• 1 tsp Dijon mustard
• 3 TBSP white wine vinegar
• White Pepper
• 1/4 cup thistle oil
• 1-2 TBSP white wine
1) Wash the broccoli and cut into roses and stems.
2) Peel the stems
3) Wash and peel the carrots and cut into 1 1/2" pieces.
4) Put the broccoli and carrots in separate compartments in a steamer and steam for 8 to 12 minutes respectively until al dente.
5) Peel and halve the onions.
6) Wash the mushrooms, rub them clean, slice them and mix with lemon juice and place in a bowl.
7) Cut the halved onions and broccoli roses into slices and place in the bowl.
8) Grate the steamed broccoli stems and carrots over the other ingredients.
9) Fry the sunflower seeds at medium heat until golden brown and leave to cool, then add them to the other salad ingredients and mix well.
• To make the dressing:
• Mix the egg yolk with the mustard and vinegar.
• Season well with salt and pepper.
• Add in the thistle oil by the spoonful, stirring with a whisk. Thin with white wine if necessary
• Mix the salad with the dressing, then cover. Leave the salad to soak up dressing for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Coursey of Salad Makers